Mr. Sansuma BasumataryLibrarian
Contact No.: 9678459567
Mr. Udang MushaharyBearer(Library)
Contact No.: 9957170642
Guneswar Mushahary Library B.Ed. College, got its inception ON 30TH April in the year 1995 along with the establishment of the college. The Library is located in the first floor of the Library Building.
The library is well-equipped with Text and Reference Books both for B.Ed. and D.El.Ed. Course. The Library subscribes to a good number of periodicals and journals – popular magazines and daily newspapers for the easy access of the students and faculties. Besides the Library the individual Dept. have well-stocked libraries for help of students and teachers. Many books which are out of print are also there in the Library. The books are preserved in fumigated chambers. At present the library has over 7859 volumes.
The library remains open from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. during working days.
A student can borrow books from the library on production of Library Cards, which are issued to the students after admission. The library has also a reading room in the first floor of the building.
The Library Card issued to the students remains valid for two academic years. The card should be renewed every year.
A student can borrow books for a maximum period of 15 days from the date of issue. If he/she fails to return the same within the stipulated period, a fine of Rs. 1.00 per day is being charged.
Rules / Instructions to be followed:
- The Privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to the registered members only
- The Library remains open on all working days during office hours.
- The library can be accessed only by regular and bonafide students, faculty members, non-teaching staff and any other person accorded permission by the Principal / Librarian
- Books are issued to the bonafide students only on production of valid library Identity card.
- Some rare reference books are not issued to the students and the faculty. These are to be used only in the Reading room.
- Students found guilty of mutilating or damaging books are liable to disciplinary action.
- Misplacement of books, journals, monographs is an offence.
- Users cannot make unnecessary pencil marks, underline or write on the pages of the books.
- Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Books are returnable / must be returned within 15 days from the date of issue and Re.1 Per day is charged thereafter.
- It is mandatory to keep all the belongings in the shelf before entering the library.
- Complaints, suggestions, if any may be submitted in black and white to the Principal / Librarian
Maximum number of book issued to the students:
The numbers of books to be issued to the students have been fixed as below.
- D.El.Ed students : 3 each
- B.Ed students : 3 each
- B.A students : 3 each
Teaching faculty members: 10 (ten)
Best practices of the library:-
- Entry register is maintained to keep the record of the number of every day user.
- Visitor diary is maintained.
- Provide tips regarding preservation and conservation of documents and study materials.
Facilities in the library:-
Gossaigaon B.Ed. College, Gossaigaon Library provides following facilities for the benefit of the student community and the teaching faculty in general.
- Free Internet facilities for the users.
- A good collection of multiple copies of text books and other recommended books for the various courses offered in the college.
- A wide range of reference documents such as Encyclopaedias of various subjects, Dictionaries, Handbooks etc.
- Light reading materials, fiction, humour books, art books, biographies etc.
- A select list of Journals.
- A good number of Competitive Examination related books in the reading room.
- Journals & Periodicals subscribed by the library are displayed in the Journal section.
- Dictionaries are kept in the stands for readers use.
- Three news papers are displayed in the reading room.
- Internet browsing facility is available for all.
|1||Total no. of Books||7859|
|4||No. of Encyclopedia||04|
|5||No. of Journals & Periodicals||04|
|6||Total Seating capacity of the Library||32|