The Women Empower Committee in Gossaigaon B.Ed. College is established to empower girl students and staff and enhance their understanding of issues related to women in the society and to face the challenges with great courage. With a view to take up women’s issue and problems, the committee aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for women to share their experience and views regarding their status in the society. Added to it suggestion for improvement and empowerment among themselves has been given. Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the committee stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lecturers, seminars, awareness programme and other welfare activities.
|Sl. No.||Duty Assigned||Name & Designation|
|1||Chairperson||Dr. Ajit Boro, Principal|
|2||Advisers||1. Sri Dadhiram Mushahary, G.B. Member|
|2. Sri Chahendra Nath Basumatary, G.B. Member|
|3||Incharge||Mrs. Taraina Basumatary, Lecturer|
|4||Teacher Members||1. Mrs. Janet Chaper, Vice-principal|
|2. Mrs. Kalpana Soren, Lecturer|
|3. Mrs. Juliya Narzary, Lecturer|
|4. Mrs. Rimi Narzary, Lecturer|
|5||Student Members||1. Miss Perussa Brahma, Student|
|2. Miss Bandana Devi, Student|
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the committee are:-
- Identification of strong leadership and chance makers and building the capacity of women.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
- Make college safe for girls to pursue higher education in congenial learning environment.
- Organizing deferent activities to make women aware of their health, sports and self-defense etc.
- To empower them in raising their voice against gender Discrimination/ Injustice/ Violence.
- To create awareness among the women students about women protection laws and rights.